Thursday, 2017-Nov-23, 6:47 AM
1. Avoiding evil of every kind, especially those most generally practiced,
a) The taking of the name of God in vain.
b) Drunkenness, manufacturing, buying, selling or using intoxicating liquors, unless for mechanical, chemical, or medical purpose, or in any way intentionally and knowingly aiding others to do so.
c) The giving and taking things usuriously, with i.e. unlawful interest.
d) Uncharitable or unprofitable conversation.
e) Fighting, quarreling, brother/sister going to law with brother/sister, returning evil for evil.
f) The wearing of apparel, clothes which do not modestly and properly clothe the person, i.e. wearing apparel suitable for males with respect to males, and wearing apparel suitable for females with respect to females.
g) Borrowing without a probability of paying or taking up goods without paying or asking permission.
h) Doing to others as we would not they should do unto us.
2. Abstaining from the use of tobacco, shabu, marijuana. In the judgment of "The United Church of God Global Ministries”, the use of these things are:
a) A great evil.
b) Unbecoming a Christian
c) A waste of the Lord's money.
d) A defilement of the body which should be a temple of the Holy Ghost,
(I Corinthians 3:16.)
** We do, therefore, most earnestly require our ministers, members to refrain from its cultivation, manufacture and sale, and to abstain from its use in all forms, for Jesus' sake.
3. Abstaining from membership in secret societies. We will on no account tolerate our ministers and members in joining or holding fellowship with secret societies. It is inconsistent with our duties to God to hold such relations.
"Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.” - John 18:20
4. Attending upon all the ordinances of God such as:
a) The public worship of God.
b) Family and private prayer.
c) Searching the scriptures.
d) Fasting or abstinence.
e) The ministry of the Word either read or expounded. Ex. Sunday school time.
5. Doing good, being in every way merciful after their power; as they have opportunity, doing good of every possible sort and as far as possible to all men.
a) To their bodies. Of the ability which God giveth, by giving food to the hungry, by clothing the naked, by visiting and helping them that are sick or in prison.
b) To their soul. By instructing, reproving or exhorting all we have interaction with.
c) By doing good, especially to them that are of the household of faith, or groaning so to be; employing them preferably to others, helping each other in business, and so much the more because the world will love its own and them only.
6. To completely preserve, help, cherish, defend, and protect the properties and identity of the UNITED CHURCH of GOD GLOBAL MINISTRIES universally.
NOTE: These are the General Rules of the "United Church of God Global Ministries, Inc.”, all of which we are taught of God to observe, even in His written WORD, which is the only rule and the sufficient rule both of our faith and practice. If there be any among us who observe them not, who habitually break them, let it be known unto them who watch over their soul, as they who must give account. We will admonish him/her, of the error of his ways. We will bear with him/her for a season. But if then he repent not, he/she hath no more place among us. Then, we have delivered our own soul. - Based on Ezekiel 3:16-21
Total online: 1