Saturday, 2017-Sep-23, 3:32 AM
Articles of Faith
1. Bible Name of the Church (John 17:11, Acts 20:28, Matt. 28:19-20) The name of this communion is United Church of God Global Ministries.
2. The Bible (Joshua 1:8, II Timothy 3:16-17) The Old Testament is not contrary to the New Testament for both in the Old and New Testament everlasting life is offered to mankind through Christ, who is the only mediator between God and man. Matthew 5:17-19; I John 2:3-7.
3. God (Genesis 1:1 Exodus 3:13-15 Colossians 1:16) There is but one living and true God, everlasting, of infinite power, wisdom and goodness; the maker and preserver of all things, visible and invisible.
4. Manifestation of God into three (Matthew 3:16-17 I John 5:7-8 Genesis 1:1-2, Genesis 1:26) God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
5. The sufficiency and full authority of the Holy Scripture for salvation (Matt. 1:21, I John 1:7, I John 1:9)The Holy Scripture is life. It makes our ways prosperous and successful. John 5:39 Joshua 1:8
6. Entire Sanctification (I Thessalonians 5:23 Luke 1:73-75 Hebrews 10:10) The Holy Spirit which makes clean the Child of God from all sin through faith in Jesus Christ. It is subsequent to regeneration, and is wrought when the believer presents himself as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God. It works through grace to love God with all out heart and to walk in His holy commandments blamelessly.
7. Unity of God's People (John 17:11 Ephesians 4) The prayer of Jesus Christ as in Paul's remark which requires us to love the Lord God with all our heart, and our neighbor as ourselves, containing the sum of the divine law as it is revealed in the Scriptures. These are the measure for the perfect rule of human duty, as well as for the ordering and directing of families and nations including all social bodies. As for individual acts, we are required to acknowledge God as our only Supreme Ruler, and all men as created by Him, equal in all rights. Wherefore, all men should be bound in unity, regarding individual, social and political acts, to render to God entire and absolute obedience and to secure to all men the enjoyment of natural rights, as well as to promote the greatest happiness of each in the possession and exercise of such rights. (John 14:15)
8. The Ordinances (Matthew 28:19-20 John 13:1-17 I Corinthians 11:23-34) Ordinances ordained by Jesus Christ are not only tokens of Christian profession, but they are certain signs of grace and God's good will towards us. It is by these ordinances, where God will work invisibly in us and not only quicken but also strengthen and confirm our faith in Him.
a) Baptism - is not only a sign of profession and mark of difference whereby Christians are distinguished from others who are not baptized, but it is also a sign of regeneration or new birth.
b) The Lord's Supper - is not only a sign of love that Christians ought to have with themselves and one to another but rather it is a sacrament of our redemption by Christ's death. In so much that to such as rightly, worthily and with faith receiving the same, it is made of a medium through which God doth communicate grace to heart.
c) Feet washing - the evidence of humility, obedience and service of love, not grudgingly but heartily.
9. Divine Physical Healing (James 5:14-16 John 5:1-9) Jesus as the model of Christendom went about doing good. He healed the sick and blind, the maimed and even gave life to the dead. His divine prowess is the same yesterday, today and forever.
10. Judgment of Mankind The (II Corinthians 5:10 Hebrews 9:27 Rev. 20:11-15) The Scriptures reveal God as the Judge of all mankind and the acts of His judgment to be based on his omniscience and eternal justice. His administration of judgment will culminate in the final meeting of mankind before His throne of great majesty and power, where records will be examined and final rewards and punishments will be administered.
11. Eternal Life (Matthew 25:46 I John 2:25) Man dies, but where are they to be destined? Jesus came with absolute gift of love that is eternal life to the righteous, but everlasting punishment to the disobedient.
Total online: 1